Monday, February 17, 2014

Um...Week 3 in 안양?

Hello Family,

Sis. Kim always makes delicious Korean meals!
I cannot believe that it has only been a week and a half since I have transferred to 안양. I guess that is a good thing because that means Sis. Kim and I are working harder than ever and enjoying our time together. Lately, we have been trying to visit a lot of Less-Active members in our area. They are not making it easy, but it is a fun challenge. Sis. Kim and I are trying to make ourselves seem so incredibly nice that it would be impossible to turn us away. Haha. I will let you know once we have figured out the perfect way to meet with Less-Active members.

Right now, Sis. Kim and I are doing a lot of finding and trying to find more investigators to teach. It has been incredibly difficult because not a  lot of people want to hear our message. I don't really mind because that means I get to walk around the city all the time, but it would be nice to have conversations that are a bit more complex than creepily asking where they are going, etc. Haha. Apparently it is a normal thing to ask, but everyone gets so afraid when I ask them. Seriously, what am I going to do? I may try to eat their dumplings or kimbap, but that might be the extent of it. 

Yesterday, I was talking to Sis. Kim Chun in my old area. She called me while she was visiting Nam Kyong Young 자매님. This is literally how our conversation went:

Sis. Kim Chun: "Chao 자매님, 남경연 자매님 had a heart attack yesterday."
Me: "A heart attack? That is great!"
Sis. Kim Chun: "What?! She had a heart attack!"
Me: "Oh, you meant a literal heart attack...WHAT?!"
Sis. Kim Chun: "She's fine, but couldn't come to church because of it."

That is how you know you have been a sister missionary for too long, when you mistake pasting hearts on people's doors with literal heart attacks. Fail blog. 

As for the family that loves sister missionaries, we continue to love them but haven't been able to visit them recently. They know that we would love to serve them, but that our primary purpose is to help invite others to Christ. We will continue to visit every once in a while, but it won't be to the extent that we have done in the past few weeks. 

Sis. Kim Yoon Ha and I are having lots of fun as a companionship. We literally are like elementary school children on a sleepover at night. The first night I moved in, Sis. Kim had moved our beds right next to each other to promote chatting. Even though we spend all day with each other, we cannot help but chat until the whee hours of the morning. IT'S TERRIBLE! I have never been so tired in my entire life, but I love it. She is great and I am learning a lot! Do not worry, she is making me speak Korean as much as possible. I have already seen an improvement in my reading and listening abilities. 

I love you!

Sis. Chao

My new companion Sis. Kim

Another temple trip with our Mission President

No comments:

Post a Comment