Monday, November 10, 2014

Meetings and bacteria





안녕하세요!!!
This week has been incredibly busy, but I have learned so much. On Tuesday, Sis. Gooch and I headed to 송파 for Missionary Leadership Council. At that meeting, we really talked about upcoming changes in the mission and what we would like to see our mission become. President mentioned that our mission has been known for our ability to street contact, but he wants our focus to change more now to teaching. He really wants us to focus on the basics, so he asked us to focus our zone training on teaching our missionaries about extending commitments. 

The following day, the zone leaders and I got together and started discussing how we wanted to teach the training. We decided to use Elder Bednar's talk about being a Preach My Gospel Missionary as our backbone and then use PMG to really expand. My portion of teaching was about listening and observing before speaking. Essentially, I learned more about listening than most people because...most people know that I have an attention span of like 5 seconds. Now, I will have one of 30 seconds. Kidding. We taught about how listening truly shows how much you love the speaker. Once people know that you genuinely care for them, you can really know what their needs are. Overall, the training was really good and we learned a lot.

This past P-day was also epic because I was able to reunite with my MTC district. It was so great to see how much everyone has grown spiritually and in Korean. We actually can converse with each other in Korean...it was super weird. I am so excited to see how much more we progress as we are in our home stretches of our mission. It is still super weird to think that my time as a missionary is coming to the end...well not really, I still have a little bit of time. It just motivates me to be an even better missionary.

I got super sick last weekend. I drank some ginger tea...it was delicious and felt much better after.

I really will send pictures next week, I just keep forgetting to bring my cord. :( Anyways, have a wonderful week and I will see you again next week!

Love you,

Sis. Chao






No comments:

Post a Comment