Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas month



가족 친국 안녕하세요!

Temple Trip with Sister Morrise
I cannot believe that Christmas is only a short time away! It seems like Thanksgiving was just a few days ago. Time here in Korea is going by so quickly, but also very slowly. This week has been pretty eventful. First off, Sis. Kim did not take her casts off this past week. The doctor who oversees our mission says that she is being over treated, but the doctors here in Korea say that she needs the cast. So for now, I am Sis. Kim's personal wheelchair pusher. It really isn't that bad and I am getting a nice work out. The hardest part about pushing her around are the hills. Seriously, I didn't realize what a blessing flat sidewalks are. The members have really stepped up to the plate and have been helping me and Sis Kim fulfill our missionary duties.

Things with Blaire have taken a turn for the worse. We had to drop her as our investigator the other day because she did not show up to her appointment and changed her phone number. It definitely was hard writing in her record, but I know that everything happens for a reason. I just pray that we planted a big enough seed that she will want to learn more in the future. Whether that is 2 weeks from now or 20 years later. Wendy is slowly progressing, but she is definitely struggling with the idea of there being a God. I definitely see that she has a desire to know, but she is also incredibly skeptical...which I do not blame her. I don't know if I would be really accepting of the concept of God had I not grown up in a household that did. 

남경연 자매님
Oh, there have been so many miracles this past week! I cannot forget to talk about those. First off, 민다빈 자매님 (Mindabin) is our 11 year old less active member that we visit every week. Whenever we visit with her, we try and invite her to church. She is always really defensive and avoids the question. Eventually, she just changes the subject. Well, this past week when we were playing Jenga, I invited her to come to church with me. I told her that it would make me so happy if we went to church together. After a few minutes of thinking, Mindabin 자매님 said that she would come! I could not believe my ears! So, next Sunday she will be coming to church with the sister missionaries and hopefully a member! Another miracle that has happened this week is that 남경연 자매님 was finally confirmed as member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She was so happy and felt the spirit so strongly that she started to cry. She even yelled "I am a true Christian!" in church. It was hilarious because it scared a few people. Seriously, I love this sister!

In regards to Christmas and contact...there are rumors of Skype but I don't really think that will happen. The Mission President does not want us asking members to use computers. So, I may just end up calling. The days that I can call are either Christmas eve or Christmas day. I don't really know the time zone difference, but I will call whenever I need to!

Thank you for all of the packages and cards! It really brightens my day when I receive letters from family and friends! Oh yes, do you want me to send you Christmas presents from Korea? I am more than happy to, but I need to know today...so that I can send them out today. Ha. The life of a missionary...so many things to do, so little time.

I love you!

Sis Chao

our bathroom
Our lovely apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment