Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 1, 2013 - Greenies Taking Over the World

Hello Family,

How was your Thanksgiving Holiday? From your emails, it sounds like you had quite the eventful holiday season. Although, mother...it sounds like you went Black Friday shopping! I know that you cannot resist ridiculously cheap items. You will have to let me know what you bought. Also, do not worry about sending me too many things because the mission home is not super close. We do get together enough to pick up packages though. I got the boots literally the day after you sent them. So, it was really nice! Luckily, I have not had to wear them yet because the snow hasn't been sticking...nor has it been raining. It is actually quite odd. Oh well, I will appreciate the moderately cold weather here in Korea.

Things here are really good, Sis. Carter and I have managed our two areas quite successfully. We have only gotten lost 3-4 times for several hours. This past Tuesday, Sis. Saunders and I taught two of our investigators: 오석지 (Blaire) and  유서용 (Wendy). Blaire is 20 years old and referred herself to some Elders she met at a Bulgolgi buffet. The elders then referred her to us and we have been teaching her about the gospel. When I first met her, she really did not open up to me and only gave me what I needed to know. I suddenly felt that I needed to share part of my conversion story and how amazing it feels to be forgiven. She suddenly started talking about how awesome it would be if she could also be cleaned. We then invited her to be baptized and she accepted. Here is the kicker...she wants to be baptized, but cannot give up drinking or her boyfriend. So, if any of you have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Wendy on the other hand is 30 something and has a 6 year old daughter. She first met with the Elders because she wanted to practice English, but now she is interested in learning more about the gospel. She is a bit hesitant to accept gospel principles, but she promised to pray this past week to know if God exists. I am hoping that she felt something, but I am not too sure. We have been praying for her all week. 

Sis. Kim is doing better, but she still is in a  lot of pain. Our mission doctor said that she should be able to walk, but Sis. Kim does not want  to put weight on her feet. So, she just butt scoots on the floor or has us hold her.

Overall, I am doing very well. I even had a Korean type Thanksgiving! My companion and I went to the President's house and had a nice meal. There was mash potatoes, gravy, chicken, rolls, and lettuce. It was nice to be surrounded by people with good hearts. Not saying that you don't have good hearts, but you get what I mean. My English is taking a turn for the worse.

Also, I love running into cousin Sis. Blickenstaff. We are pretty much famous in the mission now. 

사랑해요!

-차오 자매



No comments:

Post a Comment