Monday, January 27, 2014

Korea: Week 12



Hello Family,

This week has been crazy because Sis. Kim and I are preparing for one of us to leave next coming Wednesday. We will find out if one of us, both of us, or neither one of us is transferring from  분당 on Saturday. It actually is quite frightening...no wonder missionaries feel a lot of stress around transfer times. Essentially our lives could change in seconds. 

Our investigators are doing well for the most part, but they are not really progressing at the moment. 구덕레 자매님 has decided that she does not want to come to our church right now. It is not because she does not like our religion, but her pastor has forbidden her from coming. When she said that, Sis. Kim and I realized that she came to our church because she loved us and did not want to offend us. When you think about it, it is really sweet...but it also means that we have not helped her develop a strong testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. As a result, Sis. Kim and I have had to reevaluate the way we teach her. We are trying to use the Book of Mormon as much as possible. She does not understand a lot when we read with her, but she loves the feeling when we read. I guess this just means that Sis. Kim and I have to practice being patient. 

Another investigator that we met with this week is 박안나 (Pak Ana). 박안나 is about 40-50 years old and has really interesting beliefs about Christ and Heavenly Father. When we talked to her about her beliefs, she told us that she believes that we are all God's children and that Heavenly Father is our father. Great, right? Well, I thought so...until we asked her to read one of the gospel pamphlets. She took the pamphlet and said, " I will take the pamphlet, but I don't know if I will read it because I have to ask the Father first." Okay, that is reasonable because God could confirm through the spirit that this pamphlet is talking about true gospel principles. She then said, "I don't think I will have time to read though because I go to sleep really late and then wake up at 11 pm to play with God." Hmm...I don't really know what that means, but that could either be really sweet or super super creepy. I will have to ask her more about what she meant when we meet with her tomorrow.

A miracle Sis. Kim and I saw this past week is that 남경연's daughter and son-in law were baptized this past Sunday. 남경연 was so happy and the spirit was so strong that she cried a lot at their baptism yesterday. I am not even sure if she saw the baptism through all of the tears. It was very sweet. 

Oh, today Sis. Kim and I are going to a public bath house. Yay! I don't know about you, but I am not super comfortable bathing with a bunch of Korean women. Haha, I may have an anxiety attack...I'll let you know how the experience is next week. :) I miss you a lot!

Love,

Sis. Chao

No comments:

Post a Comment