Monday, April 14, 2014

Hello black noodle day!




I cannot believe that it is already the middle of April. Where did all the time go? Sis. Kim and I have been working incredibly hard and have been doing everything we can to help our investigators progress and come closer to Christ. This past weekend, Sis. Kim and I were finally able to watch General Conference! Wow, there were so many important things that were said. I never realized how informative and uplifting hearing a bunch of talks can be. Now, don't get too crazy...I still have not been able to stay awake for all 6 sessions, but it will happen eventually. I promise. :D My favorite talks were definitely ones that were centered on treating others kindly and being aware of what we say to other people. It really struck home that some of the most hurtful things we hear can come from the ones we love the most. I also loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude. That is why Sis. Kim and I have made it a companionship goal to have an attitude of gratitude. I suppose we have already started doing that, but we are starting to list more miracles down in our planners every single day.

Other miracles that we saw this week, well....Sis. Kim and I have been conversing with everyone and pretty much everything. The other day, we walked for a really long time and passed this park. We thought it would be a great idea to talk to people there, but lo and behold someone else's church was already there...and they had popcorn. Haha, seriously, other churches are cunning geniuses when it comes to inviting people to join there church! So we decided to leave and go to our appointment first and the possibly stop by on the way home. On the way home, we went back to the park and saw a cute grandmother sitting on a bench. After talking with her for a bit, a bunch of other grandmothers walked over, which is great because when elderly grandmothers get together it is a party. After a few minutes, Sis. Kim and I realized that we had met several of the grandmothers a few weeks ago. We all laughed and one of the grandmothers wanted to exchange numbers with us. She hands Sis. Kim the phone and I hear this gem of a conversation

"Grandmother, you have 89 missed phone calls and 45 messages."
"I have no idea how to use that thing. I only know that 1 is my son, 2 is my daughter in law, 3 is...."

Seriously the cutest thing ever. Sadly, a lot of the missionaries no longer know how to use technology. Yesterday, we could not figure out how to plug in speakers to a laptop computer. Ah, who needs technology anyways...completely overrated. 

Anyways, other than that...nothing super eventful has been happening here. Sis. Kim and I still eat like crazy people, but with less rice. We still talk to each other all the time and cannot believe how fast time has gone. We really love serving together, but are excited to see what is in store for the future!

I am going to try and upload pictures to Dropbox today!

Love you,

Sis. Melanie Chao

p.s. Essentially, if you are single you have to eat black noodles today. They have a love centered holiday every 14 of the month. HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment