Friday, October 25, 2013

3rd week at the MTC



September 27, 2013

Hello Family,
I cannot believe that I am almost at week 3 of the MTC. Time truly is going a lot faster than I anticipated it going. To be honest, at the beginning it felt as if though I had been born and will eventually die here. That being said, my mindset has definitely changed and I think that the experience is going by too fast. I don't think there will be another time in which I will be on sacred grounds and surrounded by people who are trying their best to be like Christ. It truly is an uplifting experience. I have no doubt that if I came home after week 9 at the MTC, I would still be a better person than when I entered. That being said, I will not be coming home until I have finished serving the entire 17 months (apparently sisters now only serve 17 instead of 18).

Met an old friend who came to visit the MTC during the Sunday
devotional
Korean is going relatively well. I don't really know a lot of Danno (Korean Terms), but I am starting to be able to formulate sentences and speak relatively well for someone who just started learning Korean. I must admit that there are times where I feel frustrated because I am unable to effectively convey Christ's message, but those moments are where I learn the most. Korean has forced me to simplify everything that I know and allow the spirit to do the teaching. At the end of the day, it is not me converting investigators. It is the spirit that is teaching the investigators. In all honestly, I am merely a tool in the Lord's hands. 
Before I forget, I recently watched an incredible talk by Elder Bednar. The talk is called "Character of Christ." You guys should try to look it up because it truly teaches you about what it means to be a follower of Christ. Look it up! I really can't emphasize that enough.

Non-spiritual highlight of the week, when I wear my bejeweled pants to sleep...it makes my sheets spark! Literally, I spent like 5 minutes the other day just making sparks in the dark. I might be hallucinating or it could actually be happening. If I am hallucinating, it is because the food here is terrible. You think I am joking, but I am totally not joking. The other day, my companion and I had mandarin oranges that tasted like they were soaked in Vodka. I am pretty sure individuals could have gotten drunk off of those fruits. 
Got to check my laundry! I love you!

Love,
Sis. Chao




No comments:

Post a Comment