Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 3 - President Visit



Hello Family,

I am sorry that it took me so long to reply this time. Today, President and Sister Morrise came to visit our house and do interviews. It was actually really good and we learned a lot even though we only visited with the President for fifteen minutes. I do not know how accurate this is, but I feel like Mission presidents have to be really good at analogies because President Morrise has lots of them and they are always inspiring. Today he talked about his love of growing lawns, but that he was never satisfied with his lawn because he could see all of these imperfections. Sis. Morrise would always tell him that he is being ridiculous and that he shouldn't worry about it. In fact, Sis. Morrise often said that the neighbors would admire their lawn. Long story short, we all have small imperfections but we need to look at the big picture. 

Sis. Kelly and I have been having a wonderful time in 안양 and we are working with our investigators everyday. This past week, we have been praying for an opportunity to meet with 하영 and 건희. We haven't been able to meet with them recently because of school and traveling. Well, our prayers were answered and we were able to meet with 하영 and 건희 yesterday! It was a great lesson and we read out of the Book of Mormon together. 하영 and 건희 do not have a large testimony of the church, but I can see that they are in the beginning stages. 

This week, we will be going to the temple! I cannot believe how fast time is going, but it is flying by. My half way mark has come and gone! That being said, Sis. Kelly and I are going to work our hardest to try and be more consecrated missionaries. We know that everything will happen in the Lord's timing, but we want to make sure that we can help our ward see miracles. 

On Saturday, the ward got together to clean the church and get members excited about the summer. It was really fun and Sis. Kelly and I got to work with a lot of the members and YW. The YW have really started to open up to us, but now they are giving us so much attitude. Do you know what that means? Haha, Sis. Kelly and I are finally one of the cool sisters. That being said, becoming their friends has really helped with 하영 because the


YW really want to befriend her now and help us with missionary work. The highlight of the cleaning was the rainstorm that popped out of nowhere. The 1st counselor was outside doing pruning when it happened. However, instead of stopping and coming inside, the Ward clerk went out with an umbrella they continued pruning. I've included a picture.


I love being a missionary and I love being in Korea!

- Sis. Chao





 


No comments:

Post a Comment