Monday, July 21, 2014

Transfer call

Hello Family!

Can you believe that another transfer has come and gone? Well, I cannot because it seems like Sis. Kelly and I were just starting our second transfer together. On Saturday, Transfer calls arrived and it looks like I will be staying in 안양!. I know, I was really surprised because no one has stayed here longer than 4 transfers. Sis. Kelly will be in the same zone but is going to be with her first Korean companion! Haha, I am so excited because that means she will be embracing Korea faster than ever! I must admit that I was a bit jealous, but I am really excited to meet my new companion! Her name is Sis. Nebeker who came to Korea the same time as Sis. Kelly and I think she might be from Orem. I don't really know because I haven't had the change to talk to her yet. It will be fun and who knows, she is probably the key to making more miracles happen in this area.

This past Tuesday, we had another appointment with 손순옥자매님. As we were planning and preparing for her lesson, Sis. Kelly and I had this feeling that we should prepare lots of scriptures using the Book of Mormon and the Bible. As we were teaching her about the Plan of Salvation, all of the questions that she asked, we had scriptures to help answer them. As we did that, the spirit was invited and we felt the presence a lot faster. 손순옥자매님 recognized that what we were saying were true because she stated that she felt the spirit. She said that we could be pastors someday, which I take as a compliment. ^^

Yesterday, Sis. Kelly had to give her farewell speech on the pulpit and it was adorable. Everyone was laughing because she tried her best to give her talk in Korean. Although it wasn't perfect, all of the members told her that they felt the spirit and understood that she really wanted them to help with missionary work. After sacrament meeting, a lot of members came up to us and invited us to dinner. In the next 2 days, we have.....8 meal appointments? Do not ask me how we are going to do it, just know that we will make it work. Lately, Sis. Kelly and I have been meeting with a less active member and helping her feel like she is still welcome at church. One of the things that has really helped her feel comfortable around is by doing our nails. Normally, I wouldn't be for painting my nails but this is a great way to get to know her. Since I am staying here in 안양, I am going to make it a goal to make this sister feel like this ward is home. That is what this ward is starting to feel like to me! I love all of the members here and I just want them to always remember that church is a refuge from the world.

Oh, I also ate pig blood sausage yesterday...bad news. Oh man, it was terrible and Sis. Kelly and I just couldn't eat it without laughing. Somethings are just not meant to be eaten by me. I think that is one of them. Maybe  I have become a little bit pickier. 

I would write more, but I feel like my emails are turning into really boring novels. Even I got bored reading my email over again. Haha. 

Love you!

Sis. Chao

No comments:

Post a Comment