Monday, August 11, 2014

태풍!!!



안녕!

Oh how I love weeks where P-day is on Thursday and then the next P-Day is only a few days away! This past week, Sis. Nebeker and I had the wonderful opportunity of going to the temple with the zone that has lots of my favorite sisters in it (Sis. Kim Chun and Sis. Saunders). It was like old time! I did a happy feet dance with Sis. Saunders and got hugged by my old trainers! It was really good to see them both and talk about what has happened on our missions since we were separated several months ago. The temple was great and allowed me to feel some peace and guidance as I prayed for my companions and our investigators. 

The weather here has been absolutely insane! In the morning time, the weather is perfect and you feel like you are in paradise. Then 9:00 a.m. rolls around and it feels as if though you have just rolled into a giant sauna once it is time to go outside, I have literally sweated off all of my make up and 3 kilos. The a 갑자기 storm will come out of nowhere which then results in everyone seeing us getting drenched. It looks like we showered with our clothes on. I even have an umbrella the size of China! It's so much fun. It is absolutely insane, but Sis. Nebeker and I laugh a lot! The crazy thing is that everyone says this has been a relatively timid summer. I don't want to know what last summer was like at all. Haha. 

This past week, Sis Nebeker and I met with a new investigator. She is 21 years old and is currently in 안양 for summer break. She doesn't know what exactly she wants out of life, but she wants to learn English and more about the gospel. We have high hopes for her and we have loved getting to know her. After meeting for 10 minutes, we became instant friends and talked about our lives and joked around. We plan on meeting with her again this coming week. We want to help her progress as much as possible before the end of the month. In September she will be moving back to school and won't be able to meet with us for a while..

I know that I have been in 안양 for quite some time, but I really don't mind. I have really come to love the ward, especially the YW. They are the most incredible member missionaries. Lately, I have had the opportunity to talk with each young women. They really want to help our young investigator become a member of the church. So they have decided to organize a Badminton match on Thursday. They are perfect examples of what I want to be when I come home from my mission. 

Lately, we have been learning a lot about aligning our will with God's. Sometimes, I get super excited because I feel like things are working according to plan and then it doesn't. It gets super frustrating sometimes, but I have learned a lot recently that I am most happy when my will aligns with God's will. The hardest part is being humble about it and allowing Him to do what He knows is best. I think this will definitely be my focus for this week...learning to see the bigger picture. 

I love you!

-Sis. Chao

Also..this week has been 순대week (it is somewhat like pig blood sausage. They have Japchae noodles in it, which just makes the texture even more marvelous.). Everyone has been giving it to us and it is a bit challenging to eat it. It tastes like purple, squishy, intestine sausage. The best part is that it comes with a side dish of lungs. Thankfully, Sis. Nebeker is a gem and she has been taking quite a few 순대 bullets for me. Haha. What a gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment