Monday, August 25, 2014

Goodbye 안양!! Hello....



Hello Family,

So, do you remember how I really love 안양 and thought that I was going to stay another transfer? Well....President Morrise loves to keep me on my toes. This past Sunday, we received late transfer calls and I am leaving my beloved second area and going to 만수! Not only that ... but I will be Sister Training Leader. Yeah, I know ... terrible idea. There are about 14 sisters? So not that many, but that is like an exchange every meeting. We also have to go to monthly missionary leadership training meetings. I am super awkward around feelings. That is okay I am sure that I will learn fast. My new companion is Sis. Gapinski.  She is going to end next transfer. She is almost done with her mission and she apparently was companion with Sis. Blickenstaff at one point. Small world! I am not really sure if Sis. Blickenstaff will be in my area, but I will find out tonight when I get all the details about the sisters in my zone. It will definitely keep us busy, but I am excited.

Also, do you want to know an embarrassing part of my farewell talk to 안양?. I was super great at holding in my emotions, after all...I know I will see the members again. Then out of nowhere this liquid just comes out of my eyes. What is my knee jerk reaction....Let me give you an exact translation of what I said in English..

"What are these?!"
"No...I am a girl."

Yes, I am pretty sure that is exactly what I said in my farewell talk before I came on my mission. Apparently things don't change very much. Haha. Oh well, at some point I will come to the realization that this is natural...Or I will just have to learn how to control things better.

Other than that, Sis. Nebeker is doing well. She was a little bit shocked that we were being separated, but we both knew that it was for the best. Her new companion is exactly what this area needs and will be influential in the miracles just waiting to be happened. I cannot wait to see what will happen in my new area and my old one. I love Korea and I love being a missionary!! 

That is so exciting that Nana is going on a mission! She will do great and have lots of fun serving the Lord. 

-Sis. Chao

No comments:

Post a Comment