Wednesday, September 24, 2014

안녕하세요!! Asian Games and Bus Rides



 

 
안녕하세요!!

I cannot believe that Sis. Gapinski and I have been serving together for little over a month now. It seems like only yesterday that we were assigned together and met in a church parking lot. This week, we have been working really hard to help our investigators progress. Unfortunately, I have learned that no matter how hard I want something for an investigator, their desire and action is essential for them to progress forward.

Lately, we have been meeting with the sweetest couple of all time. They have such a strong desire to follow Christ. That being said, they also love having us around and try their hardest to postpone lessons so that we can play Badminton with them. It is a super sweet gesture because who doesn't like to know that they are likable, but at the same time it is frustrating because we want to have real lessons with them. It is okay, I guess the lesson is learning what things are most effective with our time.

Actually, I remember getting this talk a lot in college and I never really thought to apply it. Who would have thought that it would be used so much on my mission? Life Lessons. Life Lessons.  Another random fact is that there have been random times where I have had to recall things I learned in college. Haha...seriously, should have paid more attention in school. Ah, my English is really bad nowadays...sometimes I cannot even read in English!

Other than that, Sis. Gapinski and I have been doing a lot of finding and working with members. The ward in this area is amazing and I have loved getting to know the members. They are all super willing to help us, especially learning the language and becoming better teachers. The other day, I realized that instead of saying chopstick, I was commanding everyone to die. Lesson learned, double check words and pay attention to people when you speak. Often times, the eyes and uplifted eyebrows could merely be a cue that whatever you are saying is weird or they are feeling the spirit. Either way...learning experience. 

Well, I am going on an exchange tonight and I am super excited. It will be a good week!!

Love you,

Sis. Chao



















No comments:

Post a Comment