Monday, February 16, 2015

Final Transfer - 시작!!

Hello Family,


So I just realized that my final transfer as a missionary is about to start and I am freaking out a little bit. Sometimes it feels like I just started my mission, but now I am one of the oldest missionaries in the mission. WEIRD. Okay, I have always been one of the oldest missionaries in the mission but now I am both in age and mission experience. WEIRDER.


This week, we received transfer calls and it looks like I will be finishing out my mission with Sis. Reed in Mansu!! Yay! I could not be happier. I have come to love this area and this week we have had a lot of success finding new investigators. Hopefully, we can get them to progress towards baptism and the temple! The only new thing that happened with transfers is that I am no longer STL! I am actually pretty happy with that because I can focus a lot of my time on helping Sis. Reed get to know the area and people, which was super hard when I was STL because we were always exchanging. 

On Wednesday, I was able to exchange with Sis. Moyer. She is this super talented musician who is a powerhouse missionary. Seriously, she is so innovative and uses her music ability to share the gospel with people on the street. It was so much fun getting to serve with her and for her to experience a new area. She hasn't been to another area since arriving in Korea. Usually, Sis. Reed and I introduce our bathroom as being a little ghetto, but Sis. Moyer thought it was the coolest thing ever. She literally died when she couldn't find our shower. After exchanging we had dinner with a couple members of the ward. After that we taught English Class and then met a couple of less active members. It was so much fun serving with her and she will change a lot of lives in Korea. 

This week is a big holiday (new year) and we are super excited to celebrate it as a district and zone. On Thursday, we will be meeting in 답동 and making dumplings and watching Meet the Mormons. The next day, we are meeting with one of our investigators. She is going to show us 인천 and then we are planning to teach her from the Book of Mormon. We are super excited for this coming week. 

Love you and have a happy Chinese New Year!

Sis. Chao

No comments:

Post a Comment