Monday, March 24, 2014

Working hard



Dear Family,

This week has been exceptionally good because Sis. Kim and I have been working really hard on trying to help our investigators progress and find new investigators to teach. Two of our investigators 강윤경 자매님 and 김허자 자매님 are progressing slowly, but surely. 강윤경 자매님 has a real desire to know God, but she still has a hard time wrapping her head around a loving God who allows His children to experience trials. She has not come to church yet, but we are going to try our best to have her attend one of the General Conference sessions in 2 weeks.  김허자 자매님 is still trying to convince us to study the Bible with her, which isn't a bad thing but I think she is trying to convert us to Presbyterianism. Whenever we try to talk about the Book of Mormon with her, she always asks why it is called the Book of Mormon and the symbolism behind the Bible's title in Korean. I try not to laugh every time she asks it because I think it is sincere, but she asked the question like 50 times. I am not exaggerating. 

Another investigator that we have been meeting with is 오해진 자매님. She is incredibly interesting and we don't really know how to approach teaching her yet. Mentally she has a few problems, so it is hard for her to fully comprehend what is happening at church. That being said, she has told us multiple times that she loves the feeling of church. She comes almost every week.

하영 and 건희 still come to church every week, but they really don't like Sacrament meeting. I don't blame them because I don't think I liked them when I was there age. We are trying to think of things that could keep them busy at Sacrament, but we really have no idea. If you have any ideas, please let me know because we are stuck. 

 I am attaching a picture of a recent convert 이예솔자매님. She is probably one of the most incredible members of this church. Whenever we talk, she brings up a scripture that she liked from her studies the previous night or something that stuck out to her. I also really like her because she gives me jelly. (I know...I need to control my sugar intake).

Love ya!

Sis. Chao





No comments:

Post a Comment