Monday, March 31, 2014

It's Spring!



Hello Family!

I have so many things I need to tell you! First of all, it is finally Spring in Korea and it is beautiful. Remember in Mulan when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, but the dad is super depressed because Mulan ran away? Well, that is what parts of my area look like...minus the sad father. It is amazing and I will definitely be taking pictures with Sis. Kim this week. Be prepared for some epic sister missionary photo sessions. I will send photos once I figure out how to make the computer stop corrupting all of my photos. I really like them and want them to stay forever!

Things here in 안양 are getting busier everyday. This past week, we met with a lot of potential investigators and progressing investigators. One of our investigators (김재숙) previously met missionaries, but had to stop meeting with them because she got really busy. Well while street contacting, I introduced myself to her and she was incredibly excited to meet Sis. Kim and I. We met with her a couple of days ago and she is so sincere and really wants to follow Christ. She asked a lot of good questions about our church and took notes. We will be meeting with her again tomorrow and I cannot wait! Ah, seriously...heart of gold. The other investigator is 오해진 and she is 23 years old and suffers from a mental disability. She loves coming to our church because of the pure feeling that she receives every time she enters the front doors. We don't really know what we can do for her, but we really want to help her come closer unto Christ. 

Another cool experience that we had this week is that Sis. Kim and I finally understand the missionary purpose. Everyday when we street contact, people ask us what makes us different from the other missionaries. As we thought about the question, Sis. Kim and I realized that we are not telling them to join our church and that all of the other churches are bad. We are merely inviting them to come and listen to a happy message about the restoration of Christ's church. If they reject the invitation, we still love them and chat with them about their lives. Not to mention, other churches wouldn't hire a person like mw who has terrible language skills to promote their church. 

Oh, cool miracle...yesterday 12 less active members came to church! MIRACLE!! 

Other than that, there really is not anything new in my area. We are working hard and trying to help strengthen the church in this area. Um, I really wish I had something funny to say...but I don't. Sorry!

Love you all! 

-Sis. Chao

No comments:

Post a Comment